This walk is a distance of 5km and will take approximately an hour and a half.
- From The Crown PH cross the road junction into Cross Road and go down to Elm Road (450m)
- Turn right into Elm Road then take the first road on the left – Green Lane.
- Go down Green Lane and pass the windmill to the signpost on the right in the hedge.
- Follow the waymark on the stile across the first field or if preferred around the edge of the first field, along the edge of the second field and cross the third field to the stile to the left of the kennels at the Shifnal road. There are good views of RAF Cosford.
- Turn right immediately into Kennel Lane leading to Bowling Green Lane and turn right. At the Old Worcester Road you can visit David Austin’s Rose garden and café, otherwise go 150m to the stile and the farm gate on the right.
- Follow the waymark aiming for the left of the house and windmill across the field in which there may be roses planted. At the house go over the stile and into Windmill Lane. Turn left for Elm Road.
- At Elm Road turn right. Take the third turning on the left into Church Road. This will lead you back to High Street at the Shrewsbury Arms PH.
- Turn right on High Street. This will lead you to The Crown PH car park.
This walk is taken from the Albrighton, Boningale and Donington walks brochure.
The Albrighton Rail Ramblers will do an adapted version of this route on August 18, 2021, to join us call 01902 441 748.